I love love, love chicken on my barbecue. I won’t have a barbecue without it (or without ribs, but that’s another story). One of my all-time favorite chicken barbecue recipes is “Barbecued Chicken”. I can assure you that, when you serve it to your guests, they will praise you for your creativity. Let’s have a look at the recipes.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3-pound broiler-fryer, cut-up
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
• Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper and mix well.
• Cover chicken in flour mixture.
• Coat baking pan with butter.
• Arrange chicken in pan, skin side down.
• Bake the chicken at 350°F for 30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and mix well.
• Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
• Remove the chicken from oven, and turn.
• Spoon sauce over chicken and bake for an additional 30 minutes.